We’re all aware of the importance of digital marketing today. From our company websites to our social media efforts, we know that the Internet is king when it comes to reaching our target audiences. What many marketers DON’T know yet is how to most effectively stand out from competitors and maximize online exposure.
Any marketer or business owner that’s ever spoken to a social media or SEO expert has been told that posting valuable content regularly is the key to effective online marketing. This is true. We’ve also learned that blogging is the most cost-effective and easy to implement method for posting new content regularly. So, here we are, blogging away, hoping that our target audience is absorbing our advice and expertise, and that all of our hard work is leading to conversion from reader to buyer. BUT- are our prospects really spending their time online reading our blog posts? Or is our audience drowning in a sea of digital ink, trying to follow too many blogs to the point where they’re giving up and tuning out?
Lucky for all of us- there’s a better way to stand out & engage your audience.
Let’s start off with some statistics:
• In 2011, 1/3 of ALL time spent online was spent watching video
• YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine online
• Google ranks video 53 times higher than other content (yes, 53 times!!!)
• Over 4 billion videos are viewed on YouTube every day
• Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
• In 2011, YouTube had 1 TRILLION total video views, or almost 140 views for every single person on earth
The conclusion: Video viewership is MASSIVE. And it’s growing every month. So what does this mean for our current online marketing efforts? Read our next post to find out!
Or watch some cool videos on our homepage to give your eyes a little break from all this reading.